Teddy Mercado is a Senior Associate Attorney at Moreno Baldivieso, with more than 10 years of experience in corporate affairs, mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance, public contracting and local and international arbitration.
In the corporate and commercial fields, he advises local and international clients in the constitution and corporate reorganization of companies, commercial contracting, due diligence processes and M&A. In the capacity of banking and finance advisor, he assists and counsels multilateral financial organizations, banks and investment funds in financing transactions, ordinary loans or lines of credit, collateral guarantees and other similar financial services for public and private entities, including sovereign loans.
In relation to public procurement processes, he has extensive experience in advising clients in the different stages of public tenders in large-scale energy and infrastructure projects.
In regards to local and international arbitration, he has represented clients in commercial and investment arbitrations. In commercial arbitration, he has experience in corporate and commercial disputes related to insurance, engineering and construction. In investment arbitration, he has participated in advising foreign investors on issues related to government led expropriations in Latin America.
Languages: English, French and Spanish.
- Universidad Privada Boliviana, La Paz – Bolivia, 2008: Law Degree (Graduated with Honors).
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington D.C., 2009: Diploma on Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Université Panthéon – Assas Paris 2, Paris – France, 2010: LL.M -International Business Law (Graduated with Honors).
- Bolivia National Chamber of Commerce, La Paz – Bolivia, 2011: Postgraduate Diploma on Negotiation, Conciliation and Arbitration.
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres, La Paz – Bolivia, 2014: Diploma on Higher Education.